After a three-year hiatus because of the pandemic, the Dallin Art Museum’s "Art on the Green" returned to Town Day.
Its jubilant event took place Saturday, Sept. 17, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., in Whittemore Park, in front of the museum in Arlington Center, at Mass. Ave. and Mystic. The event showcases local artists and music, and offers free museum tours.
The following artists offered painting, prints, textiles, jewelry and more:
- Anne Black – photos, cards, jewelry;
- Laurie Bogdan – jewelry;
- Anita Costello – vegan leather bags;
- Jacquelyn Fitzhugh – pottery;
- Jen Flores – handmade clothing;
- Maggie Furtak – ceramics;
- Rachel Levy – handmade felt and fabric collages;
- Abigail McMurray – 3D paper art;
- Kim Nagy and Jonathan Harrison – nature and wildlife greeting cards;
- Rita Ortolini-Dioguardia – collage art;
- Helen Ray – soaps;
- Ginny Remedi-Brown – jewelry;
- Lucy Sandler – jewelry;
- Janet Steele – jewelry/purses;
- Jan Stetson – clothing;
- Ruth Ann Weinstein – handmade knits; and
- Nancy White – photo cards.
From 10 a.m. to noon, enjoy the Elliott Reed Ensemble, woodwind instruments playing classical and contemporary music. Robin Henzer has been coordinating this ensemble with Art on the Green for more than 10 years.
From 1 to 2 p.m., the Arlington High School Jazz Band provides lively music for everyone to appreciate.
This lovely tradition of classical and contemporary music, with their soothing sounds under the park’s shade trees, is a wonderful accompaniment to a day full of art.
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum will be open free of charge from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., and offer fun family art hunts.
The Cyrus Dallin Art Museum is open to the public Saturdays and Sundays, noon to 4 p.m., and by appointment. For more information, visit www.dallin.org.
Free parking is available in the town lot behind the museum.
April 14, 2022: Before riders arrive, head to Dallin Museum
This news announcement, by YourArlington freelance writer Susan Gilbert and contributed in her capacity as a volunteer publicist for the museum, was published Sunday, Sept. 11, 2022.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below